Due to incidents with the washing machine last night and an expanding belly, I have managed to lose 2 pairs of trousers in less than a week.
Belly incident. It must have been expanding silently and I was not too acutely aware of it. May have something to do with all the recent eating out. The poor thread holding the button must have been under immense pressure that it just gave way. I can’t find the button and that is a little problem. To be honest, I dint think that that the pair of trousers was any bit of a tight fit. I have things that are still tighter than that, but that is no longer the point here. The button has popped while it was in the washer and I can’t find the button and there goes one pair of boring fuddley duddley M&S blue harbour trousers.
The second incident happened last night when I was just sending the cargo trousers to the wash and well, erm, it dint seem to agree with the machine’ quick wash cycle and well, some bits of the trousers have a little bit of an embarrassing hole. Not exactly something that can be fixed with a bit of needle and thread, but more of something not at the seams. Okay, there goes another pair.
Together with the other GAP Kaki that threw in the towel early in the month, I am, or should I say WAS only left with one lonely pair of trousers. Had a bit of a panic last night.
I just HAD to get more trousers soon, just in case the last one give up on me too and then I will really be unable to get out of the house.
What was all that about? After all that long boring introduction, it was only to justify to myself why I went shopping today.
Actually, before the shopping, today was actually quite a activity filled day. Much more so than the past few boring days. I had hardly achieved so much in a day before.
The morning started with a talk that we had to attend for a friend’s upgrade, then it was off to my bug work. (Damm those bugs. They never die when I try to kill them and now they just die again even without any attempts to kill them) Even managed to squeeze a viability count in before the lunchtime meeting.
Managed to sneak off in the afternoon and went back to my old school to fiddle about and try to “help” (more like monkey about) in the practical lessons.
Then it was back to lab to finish some work, quick dinner with a friend in the unpalatable hospital cafeteria. (Chicken Tikka Masala with things they claimed to be rice. I chose the chocolate croissant instead)
Tried to make use of the late night shopping and took a tube to Bond Street, Went through Debenhams, John Lewis and I think the other one is called House of Fraser.
Managed to get myself a pair of Quicksilver ¾ length trousers for an amazing £20 when the original price was £50, plus another pair of crappy looking thing and a head massager (I am not too sure if I am already regretting this gadget).
Then it was off to the Royal Society of Medicine to collect a letter, and then down to Victoria to collect some other letters before finally stopping at Marks for some Stollen.
I have to say, the Stollen does look like mouldy fruitcake but its one of the nicest things that I have eaten in ages. Who says that the Germans only made sausages and beer that was worth eating!
Lots more to say, but I realise that I am rambling on too much now. Gotta stop. I am sure that no one is really interested in such rubbish.
No comments:
Post a Comment