Thursday, June 23, 2005

Conversation with the receptionist

We must have a new receptionist here. This was how the telephone conversation went.

R = receptionist,
Me = me

Act 1 Scene 1

“Ring ring, ring ring, ring ring” the office phone wont stop ringing. I dint really want to pick it up as I was going something but it just got too annoying so I had to.

Me : Hello?

R : Is Marianne there?

Me: Nope. She is not here. Can I take a message?

R: There is someone at reception for her.

Me: Okay, Shall I go look for her?

R: No need. There is someone at reception waiting for her.

Me: Shall I leave her a message then?

R: No, there is someone here.

Me: Okay, (puts the phone down)

End of Act 1 Scene 1

What she expect me to do?

Don’t leave a message, don’t look for Marianne, and then what am I supposed to do? Keep telling me that there is someone there is pointless if you don’t want me to do anything about it right? And its not like I can go to reception to pick up or meet someone that I don’t know, not to mention that reception is like in the other block 5 mins walk away!!!

No comments: