
MY. Because I was there, and it’s the first Greek wedding that I have ever been to. There were a lot of stories told to me by a lot of friends and other colleagues about how Greek weddings go, such as the plate smashing, the gun shooting and the money dance and such. Oh well, none of that happened, though there was quite a bit of glass smashing, or should I say that a lot of glasses were smashed accidentally when everyone got a little too drunk in the pre wedding party. I managed to join in the fray too, breaking one. Muhahaha.
BIG. Don’t think that big is the correct word for the size of the wedding. I think it was humongous. It took one of the biggest venues in the whole city; packed to the brim, sardine style to attempt to fit the guests for the wedding dinner. Oh, did I mention that the main church of the city was also stuffed to explosion?
Fat. I was just getting fatter and fatter with the amount of food that my hosts were stuffing into me. Try this, it a local speciality, try that, its good, deep-fried cheese, mountain goat roast and all that included. I was weighing myself on their electronic scale and I could see my weight creeping up day by day. Sometimes 300g, sometimes 500g. (Scale accurate to 100g) I peaked at 99.8 kg on the day of the wedding. Dint dare to weigh myself after the wedding dinner.
Greek. It was in Greece, so what else can it be?
Wedding. Why else would anyone sponsor my trip to Greece and why else would I go to the northern Greek mountains in winter where the snowfalls can reach 1-meter overnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment